[News] [Rival] Microsoft's "Biggest Bug of the 21st Century" Found in Vista 7

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's "Biggest Bug of the 21st Century" Found in Vista 7
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 12:46:27 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Biggest Bug of the 21st Century

,----[ Quote ]
| The issue SJVN brought up was a persistent bug in file permissions for
| that other OS from XP to â7â. File permissions! Havenât we been doing
| that right for 40 years?
`----

http://pogson.6k.ca/2010/04/19/biggest-bug-of-the-21st-century/

Fixing the Windows 7 Read-Only Folder Blues

,----[ Quote ]
| Still in trouble? Well, besides letting
| Microsoft know that this isnât just an
| âissueâ to you but a âbug, you can try to
| work around it by only using Windows 7âs
| Public Folders. Of course, this comes with
| the wee problem that any sub-directories
| and files in these folders will be
| available to anyone with a user account and
| password on the computer. Since this
| problem is most troublesome when a Windows
| 7 system is sharing files with other users,
| this can be a real security annoyance even
| if multiple users arenât sharing a single
| PC.
`----

http://itexpertvoice.com/ad/fixing-the-windows-7-read-only-folder-blues/

Recent:

Microsoft to Patch Unhackable Windows 7 Bug

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/194102/microsoft_patch_windows_7.html?tk=rss_news