[News] Linux Kernel Space File Systems in Review - New Features

  • Subject: [News] Linux Kernel Space File Systems in Review - New Features
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 09:36:28 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Kernel Log: Coming in 2.6.34 (Part 2) - File Systems

,----[ Quote ]
| Version 2.6.34 of the Linux kernel will be the
| first to support the Ceph and LogFS file
| systems. A number of changes to the Btrfs and
| XFS code promise improved performance. The
| kernel should now be better at working with
| drives with 4 KB logical sectors.
|
| On Tuesday morning, Linus Torvalds released
| the fifth pre-release version of Linux 2.6.34.
| One feature highlighted in Torvalds' release
| e-mail was a fix for a problem in the ACPI
| subsystem which had afflicted several testers.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/features/Kernel-Log-Coming-in-2-6-34-Part-2-File-Systems-985128.html

Software SSD Cache Implementation For Linux?

,----[ Quote ]
| With the bottom dropping out of the magnetic
| disk market and SSD prices still over $3/GB, I
| want to know if there is a way to to get the
| best of both worlds. Ideally, a caching
| algorithm would store frequently used sectors,
| or sectors used during boot or application
| launches (hot sectors), to the SSD.
`----

http://ask.slashdot.org/story/10/04/22/219211/Software-SSD-Cache-Implementation-For-Linux

Recent: