[News] A Look at Free CMS/Blogging Software Plugins, "Joomla! 1.5 Multimedia"

  • Subject: [News] A Look at Free CMS/Blogging Software Plugins, "Joomla! 1.5 Multimedia"
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 10:44:55 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Improving Your WordPress Blog: Five Essential Plugins

,----[ Quote ]
| WordPress is a full featured and simple to use
| publishing platform, and it just gets better
| with each release. But even as good as the
| standard WordPress release is, you can always
| make it just a little bit better. In this
| guide, we'll look at five plugins that will
| help protect your blog from spam and malware,
| simplify keeping backups, and even help you
| make a little cash off your blog if you're so
| inclined.
|
| The WordPress community has developed
| thousands of plugins and themes. If you
| haven't tried out WordPress plugins yet, you owe it to
| yourself and your blog to give them a try.
| They're amazingly easy to set up and can boost
| the functionality of WordPress by quite a lot.
`----

http://www.linux.com/learn/tutorials/301646-improving-your-wordpress-blog-five-essential-plugins-

Joomla! 1.5 Multimedia

http://books.slashdot.org/story/10/04/21/131224/Joomla-15-Multimedia

Recent:

Wordpress theme generator for non-geeks

,----[ Quote ]
| Wordpress is unquestionably the most used
| blogging platform out there. There also are
| thousands and thousands of templates ranging
| from the free to the most expensive available
| for use on any WP powered blog.
`----

http://www.ghabuntu.com/2010/04/wordpress-theme-generator-for-non-geeks.html

WordPress Founder: Open Source Is About People, Not Technology

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://mashable.com/2010/03/24/wordpress-founder-open-source/