[News] How Microsoft's Hatred of GNU/Linux Evolved Over the Years (to Become Attacks)

  • Subject: [News] How Microsoft's Hatred of GNU/Linux Evolved Over the Years (to Become Attacks)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 00:08:21 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

We expose Steve Ballmer's great big bloomers

,----[ Quote ]
| Here is our Steve Ballmer Hall of Shame:
|
| 2000 - Ballmer: "Linux is communism"
|
| 2001 - Ballmer "Linux is a cancer"
|
| 2004 - Ballmer: "Windows is more secure and
| cheaper than its open source rival"
|
| CassiaNote: This must be why almost all of
| the major e-book readers run on Linux and
| Google's own Chrome OS is based on it,
| while the Windows Mobile market share is
| shrinking rapidly - see "Windows Mobile
| market share drops like a rock" here.
|
| 2004 - "Ballmer doesn't get patents"
|

| 2004 - Ballmer: "OpenOffice infringes 45 of
| our patents"
|

| 2007 - Ballmer: "Linux violates 235 of our
| patents"
|

| 2007 - Ubuntu, Red Hat rejects Microsoft
| patent deal
|

| 2007 - Ballmer: "Vista is great for
| consumers"
|

| 2007 - Ballmer: "Vista is selling well"
|

| 2007 - Ballmer blames piracy for poor Vista
| sales
|

| 2008 - Ballmer thinks consumers don't want
| Windows XP
`----

http://www.techeye.net/software/we-expose-steve-ballmers-great-big-bloomers

Recent:

IBM tries to woo business customers from Windows 7

,----[ Quote ]
| On the eve of Microsoft's launch of Windows
| 7, the gloves are off in the fight for
| business customers. IBM today unveiled an
| all-out campaign to persuade U.S. companies,
| governments and organizations to finally
| break their Windows habit and make the
| switch to Linux.
|
| [...]
|
| IBM has been making this argument for years.
| In the spring of 2003, Microsoft CEO Steve
| Ballmer cut short a skiing trip to race to
| Germany to try prevent the city of Munich
| from excising Windows and Office from 14,000
| desktop PCs. Ballmer failed. IBM and German
| Linux distributor SuSE worked furiously
| behind the scenes to persuade Munich to make
| the switch to a Linux system.
`----

http://blogs.usatoday.com/technologylive/2009/10/ibm-tries-to-woo-business-customers-from-windows-7.html

Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer shills Windows 7 on U.S. national TV in
front of Apple Mac (with video)

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://macdailynews.com/index.php/weblog/comments/22835/