[News] [Rival] Apple Deception and Harassment of Bloggers Explained

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Apple Deception and Harassment of Bloggers Explained
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 08:41:47 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Cops raid Gizmodo editor in pursuit of iPhone 4G 'felony'

,----[ Quote ]
| Gizmodo editor Jason Chen has been raided
| by Silicon Valley's computer crime force in
| hot pursuit of the case of the missing
| iPhone prototype. According to a bulletin
| published by Gizmodo today, they broke down
| the front door to gain entry, and departed
| some hours later with a truck containing
| Chen's computer equipment.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/04/26/gizmodo_iphone4_raid/

Police Seize Jason Chen's Computers

,----[ Quote ]
| Last Friday night, California's Rapid
| Enforcement Allied Computer Team entered
| editor Jason Chen's home without him
| present, seizing four computers and two
| servers. They did so using a warrant by
| Judge of Superior Court of San Mateo.
| According to Gaby Darbyshire, COO of Gawker
| Media LLC, the search warrant to remove
| these computers was invalid under section
| 1524(g) of the California Penal Code.
`----

http://gizmodo.com/5524843/police-seize-jason-chens-computers

A Letter: Apple Wants Its Secret iPhone Back

http://gizmodo.com/5520479/a-letter-apple-wants-its-secret-iphone-back

Appeals Court Upholds Ruling That Blog Commenter Was Not A Journalist

,----[ Quote ]
| While lots of attention was paid to the
| claims that the confiscation of Gizmodo
| reporter Jason Chen's computer's would
| "settle" whether bloggers are considered
| journalists, the details in that case
| suggest otherwise. However, a much more
| important case on that particular question
| was decided late last week. It's the case
| of Shellee Hale, which we've covered in the
| past. Basically, Hale posted some
| information claiming a security breach at
| another company. She revealed this
| information as a comment on another site --
| and when she was sued, the company demanded
| she reveal where she got that information
| from. She claimed that her sources were
| protected, as she was a journalist.
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20100427/0121149190.shtml

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l1ju8d8FWL1qa1n7vo1_400.jpg

The Tales of Two Top Secret Stolen Smartphone Prototypes

http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2010/04/19/the-tales-of-two-top-secret-stolen-smartphone-prototypes/

Gizmodoâs iPhone 4 story, as painted by PC World and IDGâs Apple haters

http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2010/04/21/gizmodos-iphone-4-story-as-painted-by-pc-world-and-idgs-apple-haters/

Recent:

Want Porn? Buy an Android Phone, Steve Jobs Says

,----[ Quote ]
| Despite yesterdayâs iPhone debacle, Jobs
| was still in a chatty-enough mood to
| respond to a concerned customerâs e-mail
| questioning Appleâs role as âmoral policeâ
| of its App Store. The customer, Matthew
| Browing, was referring to the App Storeâs
| initial rejection of an app containing Mark
| Fioreâs Pulitzer-winning editorial cartoon,
| as well as the companyâs recent porn ban.
`----

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/04/steve-jobs-porn

Steve Jobs: 'Folks Who Want Porn Can Buy An Android Phone'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/20/steve-jobs-reiterates-fol_n_544045.html