[News] phpMyAdmin Highlighted, Oracle's Move Continue to Baffle

  • Subject: [News] phpMyAdmin Highlighted, Oracle's Move Continue to Baffle
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 21:22:10 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Popular phpMyAdmin is on a roll

,----[ Quote ]
| If any open source application needs no
| introduction, itâs probably phpMyAdmin, the
| popular web interface to MySQL databases.
| MySQL is itself the most popular database
| system for web applications, and phpMyAdmin
| makes it easy to administer. phpMyAdmin
| lets database designers connect to MySQL
| servers, see all databases and tables they
| have permission to see, and perform actions
| on them, including creating and modifying
| table structure, inserting and updating
| data, import and export, and synchronizing
| data between servers.
`----

http://sourceforge.net/blog/popular-phpmyadmin-is-on-a-roll/

Oracle Makes Lustre Users Buy Hardware for Support

,----[ Quote ]
| Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) will soon make it
| tougher to get paid support for its open
| source Lustre clustered file system.
|
| According to a recent presentation by Peter
| Bojanic, director of Oracle's Lustre Group,
| Lustre 1.8 and 2.0, which was just released
| as a beta, will remain open source and
| licensed under GPL 2.0. But beginning with
| the full release of Lustre 2.0, paid
| support will be limited to those purchasing
| Lustre bundled with Oracle hardware, and
| the company won't provide an upgrade path
| for 1.8 users who desire support. That
| means that Lustre 2.0 users who want paid
| support will need to replace their
| hardware.
`----

http://www.enterprisestorageforum.com/technology/article.php/3878951

Understanding Oracle's ODF Plug-in Pricing: What it Means for OpenOffice.org

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/understanding-oracles-odf-plug-in-pricing-what-it-means-for-openoffice-org