[News] [Rival] Embrace and Extend: Microsoft Now "Embraces" <Video> to Extinguish Ogg

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Embrace and Extend: Microsoft Now "Embraces" <Video> to Extinguish Ogg
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 May 2010 00:41:20 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Microsoft Tips the Scale In Favor of HTML 5

http://apple.slashdot.org/story/10/04/30/1037230/Microsoft-Tips-the-Scale-In-Favor-of-HTML-5

In Mobile Video Standards Fight, Consumers Are Poised to Lose

http://industry.bnet.com/technology/10007490/in-web-video-fight-between-apple-adobe-and-mozilla-google-could-make-peace/

Recent:

In Defense of Ogg's Good Name

,----[ Quote ]
| I'd not originally intended to respond to
| open trolling. The continued urging of many
| individuals has convinced me it's important
| to rebut in some public form. Earnest
| falsehoods left unchallenged risk being
| accepted as fact.
`----