[News] Africa Installs GNU/Linux Desktops for Many Users (North Ghana)

  • Subject: [News] Africa Installs GNU/Linux Desktops for Many Users (North Ghana)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 11:55:27 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Can you think of a better way to spread the use of Linux?

,----[ Quote ]
| Camfed International, UK, contracted 1ViLLAGE
| to set up 48 seats of Ubuntu Linux desktops in
| four districts in the Northern Region of Ghana.
| They also provided user training for the
| project. I reproduce here some photos of the
| computers as posted by @opentechgirl. The
| question I'd like you to help me answer is, can
| you think of a better way to bring Linux to
| Africa?
`----

http://www.ghabuntu.com/2010/05/can-you-think-of-better-way-to-spread.html

Recent:

5 reasons why you must support the spread of Open Source Software

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.ghabuntu.com/2010/04/5-reasons-why-you-must-support-spread.html