[News] Many New GNU/Linux Variants of Ubuntu 10.04: Ubuntu Rescue, Ultimate Edition, Mint...

  • Subject: [News] Many New GNU/Linux Variants of Ubuntu 10.04: Ubuntu Rescue, Ultimate Edition, Mint...
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 12:55:11 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Whatâs New In Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

,----[ Quote ]
| The Kubuntu Netboot Remix  is now officially
| available with Kubuntu 10.04. It uses KDE SC
| 4.4 plamsa-netbook interface.
`----

http://techie-buzz.com/foss/whats-new-in-kubuntu-10-04-lucid-lynx.html

The Coding Studio OS Screenshots

http://www.thecodingstudio.com/opensource/linux/screenshots/index.php?linux_distribution_sm=Kubuntu%2010.04
Ubuntu Rescue Remix - Version 10.04

,----[ Quote ]
| Version 10.04 (Lucid Lynx) of the very best
| Free-Libre Open-Source data recovery
| software toolkit based on Ubuntu is out.
`----

http://ubuntu-rescue-remix.org/node/466

Ultimate Edition 2.6

,----[ Quote ]
| Ultimate Edition 2.6 is golden.
`----

http://ultimateedition.info/ultimate_edition/ultimate-edition-2-6/

News update

,----[ Quote ]
| This is just a brief news update about what
| is going on at the moment:
|
|     * Release date: The latest ISO is
|     passing all my tests and Iâm approving
|     it for an RC release. It still needs to
|     go through Exploderâs testing and it
|     requires his approval before it can go
|     out publicly.
|     * Windows installer: Mint4Win is back
|     and itâs fully functional. The version
|     that comes with the CD installs whatâs
|     on the CD. Weâre also considering to
|     maintain a standalone version which
|     would be able to download and install
|     editions of Linux Mint as we release
|     them.
`----

http://www.linuxmint.com/blog/?p=1377

Recent:

Ultimate Edition Linux 2.5

,----[ Quote ]
| Ultimate Edition 2.5 is based on Ubuntu 9.10
| and it weighs in at a chunky 3.1GB. Clearly
| this is a distro you wonât be able to fit
| onto a CD. But thatâs fine as long as you
| have a DVD and DVD burner available. This
| larger size is due to the fact that it comes
| with a lot of software (more on that in the
| software section).
`----

http://desktoplinuxreviews.com/2010/01/03/ultimate-edition-linux-2-5/

Ultimate Edition - A free overdose

,----[ Quote ]
| Don't like the fact your Ubuntu does not have everything you want or need? No
| Flash Player installed? No MP3 codecs? Where's Google Earth? Worry not.
| That's what Ultimate Edition is for.
`----

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/uue.html

Ultimate Edition Linux 2.2 vs. Ubuntu â Quick Review and Screenshots

,----[ Quote ]
| Ultimate Edition 2.2 was released on June 17. Itâs the latest salvo from
| TheeMahn, creator of this popular distro of Linux. Ultimate Edition was
| originally released in late 2007 to be Ubuntu with a âbetter user experience
| and with improved usability.â In the releases since, they have broken from
| Ubuntu and actually have created their own repository .
|
| Like Ubuntu, Ultimate Edition is Gnome based. TheeMahn also built Ubuntu
| Gamers Edition, and it shows in Ultimate Edition (UE). Ultimate Edition has
| software pre-installed and ready for use on a live DVD environment.
`----

http://techexposures.com/2009/06/ultimate-edition-linux-2-2-vs-ubuntu-quick-review-and-screenshots/

Review of Ubuntu Ultimate Edition(?)

,----[ Quote ]
| I recently decided to check out the newest release of Ubuntu Ultimate
| Edition, and I have to ask the question, is this really the ultimate Ubuntu?
| To find out, keep reading.To start, I am going to appologize to the person
| who did the remaster, as I am sure they are no going to be happy with what I
| have to say about this âdistroâ.
`----

http://mclovinsblog.com/?p=40

First Look: Ultimate Edition 2.2

,----[ Quote ]
| Though only four months passed since the previous release, Ultimate Edition
| 2.2 was a highly anticipated upgrade by fans all over the world, especially
| for the fact that it would almost certainly use the Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty
| Jackalope) base.
|
| And so it is. TheeMahn announced the new version a few days ago and we
| couldn't miss the chance to give you some feedback on how it looks, feels and
| performs. Ultimate Edition is available as a 2.0 GB DVD ISO and can be run on
| both 32- and 64-bit platforms.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/First-Look-Ultimate-Edition-2-2-115099.shtml

Ultimate Edition 2.2

,----[ Quote ]
| Ultimate Edition is an âimprovedâ version of Ubuntu. Unlike Linux Mint, which
| contains modifications to the source code, Ultimate Edition is simply a lot
| more packages added to Ubuntu and then made into an ISO using reconstructor.
`----

http://blog.jjtcomputing.co.uk/2009/06/23/ultimate-edition-2-2/

Ultimate Edition 2.0, a Revamped Ubuntu 8.10

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Ultimate-Edition-2-0-a-Revamped-Ubuntu-8-10-97845.shtml