[News] Computing at a Large Scale Requires GNU/Linux and Free Software

  • Subject: [News] Computing at a Large Scale Requires GNU/Linux and Free Software
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 13:57:53 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Open Source Scales Better Than Proprietary, The Cloud Needs
Massive Scale to Succeed, Therefore the Cloud Needs Open Source

,----[ Quote ]
| The problem is I don't know if I agree with
| this. I don't subscribe to the 1000's of elves
| in cyberspace fixing bugs in open source code.
| I think the fact is that a very small number of
| code contributors actually work on any given
| open source project.  Yes Linux and Apache are
| the exceptions, but by and large most open
| source projects actually have a tiny number of
| code contributors.
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/60636

2010 FOSS reporter ICT Award launched

,----[ Quote ]
| The Free and Open Source Software community is
| inviting media works and broadcast reports for
| the 2010 FOSS reporter Award.
`----

http://gbcghana.com/news/33562detail.html

Recent:

Look What Happens When There is Competition!

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://pogson.6k.ca/2010/04/29/look-what-happens-when-there-is-competition/