[News] Many Free Software Events Are Coming, Calling for Participation

  • Subject: [News] Many Free Software Events Are Coming, Calling for Participation
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 14:24:54 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Italian Free Software Conference

,----[ Quote ]
| The fourth Italian Free Software Conference
| will take place in Cagliari (Sardinia,
| Italy) on June 11-12th. The main language of
| the conference is Italian.
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/columns/italian_free_software_conference

UMass/Amherst - The Politics of Open Source - May 6 - 7, 2010

,----[ Quote ]
| The Politics of Open Source is the Journal
| of Information Technology and Politics' 2nd
| annual thematic conference. The conference
| examines Free/Libre and Open Source
| Software, the movement surrounding it, and
| the political issues associated with it.
| Information about previous JITP conferences
| is available at www.umass.edu/jitp.
`----

http://www.oss-institute.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=377&Itemid=47

Penguicon, Here I Come!

,----[ Quote ]
| Tomorrow (Friday) starts my annual trek down
| state to the Detroit area for Penguicon!
| It's possible the combination of Linux and
| Science Fiction wouldn't appeal to most
| people, but it absolutely appeals to me. I
| think perhaps adding a vintage video game
| track and calling it "Super Penguicon" would
| make it the trifecta of awesome. The
| conference chairs probably realize that
| would be too awesome, however, and the
| participants would be blinded by sheer
| awesomeness.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/penguicon-here-i-come

Last Day For LinuxCon Early Birds

,----[ Quote ]
| Getting in early on conference registrations
| has a number of benefits, not the least of
| which is knowing from the start that your
| spot is secure. Many offer an additional
| perk â and an attractive one at that â in
| the form of an "Early Bird" discount that
| can often save you quite a bit of cash.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/last-day-linuxcon-early-birds

Upcoming Open Source Conferences (April-July 2010)

http://robertogaloppini.net/2010/04/24/upcoming-open-source-conferences-april-july-2010/

Open Source Webinars: Nuxeo, OpenLogic, System76

http://robertogaloppini.net/2010/04/22/open-source-webinars-nuxeo-openlogic-system76/

eth0 in 2010

,----[ Quote ]
| The summer event, 10-13Aug 2010
`----

http://www.eth-0.nl/

Fourth International Workshop on Foundations and Techniques for Open Source Software Certification, Pisa, Italy

http://cordis.europa.eu/fetch?CALLER=EN_NEWS&ACTION=D&SESSION=&RCN=32036

The Guardian at Apache Lucene EuroCon 2010

http://www.guardian.co.uk/open-platform/blog/apache-lucene-eurocon-2010

Open Source Developers Go 2 Prague

,----[ Quote ]
| The First Apache Open Source search
| technologies conference for European
| developers  takes place in Prague this
| month, presented by Lucid Imagination.
|
| The Conference will showcase achievements by
| customers, developers, technologists and
| search innovators and is running as a not-
| for-profit venture, with net proceeds going
| to The Apache Software Foundation.
`----

http://irishdev.com/Home/News/1066-Open-Source-Developers-Go--Prague.html

Frequently asked questions about WWW2010 conference

,----[ Quote ]
| What is Open Source?
| Open source is the free sharing of
| technological information, according to
| Wikipedia. Starting in the early 2000s, a
| number of companies began to publish a
| portion of their source code to claim they
| were open source, while keeping key parts
| closed. This led to the development of the
| now widely used terms âfree open source
| softwareâ and âcommercial open source
| softwareâ to distinguish between truly open
| and hybrid forms of open source.
`----

http://localtechwire.com/business/local_tech_wire/news/story/7493482/

New Liverpool âunconferenceâ Oggcamp to showcase technology

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/ldpbusiness/business-local/2010/04/30/new-liverpool-unconference-oggcamp-to-showcase-technology-92534-26347338/