[News] Linux Replaces Vista 7 at HP?

HP buys Palm

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1603448/hp-buys-palm

HP's Slate gets delayed

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1603807/hp-slate-delayed

HP's Slate was an Ugly Baby with Windows 7

,----[ Quote ]
| The existing WebOS application base of
| 1500+ programs, while not huge, will run
| pretty much as-is with some simple re-
| packaging and screen optimization, because
| the apps are all written in the lingua
| franca of the Web, HTML and Javascript, and
| are completely CPU platform neutral.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/perlow/?p=12820

Microsoft kills its Courier folding tablet

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1603744/microsoft-kills-courier-folding-tablet

Is the new Palm-equipped HP killing the Slate tablet?

,----[ Quote ]
| Techcrunch is reporting that Hewlett-
| Packard is killing off its Slate tablet
| before it comes to market.
|
| The reasoning, according to a Techcrunch
| source, is that HP isn't happy with the
| performance of Window 7 as a tablet
| operating system. That means HP will be
| shopping around for a new operating system
| such as Google's Android OS or they could
| be fixing to convert Palm's webOS for
| tablets.
`----

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/techchron/detail?blogid=19&entry_id=62553