[News] Justice Sonia Sotomayor Has Conflict of Interests; Linux Wastes Money Fighting Trolls in Court

  • Subject: [News] Justice Sonia Sotomayor Has Conflict of Interests; Linux Wastes Money Fighting Trolls in Court
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 06:57:18 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Sonia Sotomayor (US Supreme Court Justice) on software patents

,----[ Quote ]
| Sonia Sotomayor, or Justice Sotomayor is
| the newest, and maybe the most worrying
| judge on the US Supreme Court.
|
| Sotomayor was previously married to Kevin
| Noonan,[1] a patent lawyer who is very pro-
| patent.
`----

http://en.swpat.org/wiki/Sonia_Sotomayor_%28US_Supreme_Court_Justice%29_on_software_patents

Here's A Surprise: Red Hat Wins Patent Lawsuit In East Texas

,----[ Quote ]
| The latest is that Red Hat won after being
| sued by a patent hoarder, who claimed that
| every version of Linux infringed on its
| patents. The jury found that the patents in
| question were invalid and tossed them out.
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20100502/2145409269.shtml

Redhat and Novell lose on less bad patents

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://eupat.ffii.org/10/05/redhat/