[News] Linux and Hardware: New Tests and Experiences

  • Subject: [News] Linux and Hardware: New Tests and Experiences
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 10:39:50 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Ceph: A Linux petabyte-scale distributed file system

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux continues to invade the scalable
| computing space and, in particular, the
| scalable storage space. A recent addition
| to Linux's impressive selection of file
| systems is Ceph, a distributed file system
| that incorporates replication and fault
| tolerance while maintaining POSIX
| compatibility. Explore the architecture of
| Ceph and learn how it provides fault
| tolerance and simplifies the management of
| massive amounts of data.
`----

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-ceph/index.html?ca=drs-

AMD Radeon HD 4290 On Linux

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=amd_hd4290&num=1

Finally a graphics card for Linux that works flawlessly with compiz and is lightning fast

,----[ Quote ]
| So far I have only tested the nVidia
| proprietary drivers version 195.36.24 and
| the performance is impressive when turning
| on all compiz effects. If you have the card
| or you are thinking about getting it and
| happen to try the open source drivers
| before I do, please, let me know of your
| findings!
`----

http://www.deathwing00.org/wordpress/?p=174

Recent:

Comparing windows and Linux hardware management.

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/locutus/comparing-windows-and-linux-hardware-management-33900