[News] Tablets Running Linux: Just Keep on Coming (T91MT and More)

  • Subject: [News] Tablets Running Linux: Just Keep on Coming (T91MT and More)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 May 2010 17:37 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Google Android tablet runs Flash on Tegra 2 SoC

,----[ Quote ]
| Adobe has demonstrated a prototype Nvidia
| Tegra 2-based Android tablet from Google
| running Adobe's Flash, say industry
| reports. Meanwhile, Samsung is preparing an
| "S-Pad" Android tablet, and Bill Gates tips
| new Microsoft tablet projects, say other
| reports.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Google-Android-tablet-prototype-and-Samsung-spad/?kc=rss

10 Reasons the T91MT is better than the iPad

,----[ Quote ]
| This is no doubt the Year of the Tablet
| computer. As such I began searching some
| months ago for a tablet I could add to my
| ever growing list of gadgets, I researched
| and played with many different devices
| before deciding on my Asus T91MT. I have
| had my tablet for a couple of weeks now and
| it amazes me how many people do not even
| know they exist when they released almost a
| year ago! The iPad on the other hand got
| more press than you can shake a stick at
| and everyone under the sun knows what it is
| after just a few weeks.
|
| The following is my list of reasons why
| Asus's T91MT tablet/netbook hybrid is
| better than Apple's iPad:
|
| #1 - It is also a Netbook
| Touch screens are fantastic, don't get me
| wrong but honestly some things are much
| quicker to do with a physical keyboard and
| a mouse. Having the option to flip my T91MT
| around and use it as a netbook is a
| wonderful option to have. Plus I personally
| feel my device's screen is much safer when
| I can "close" the screen instead of just
| sliding it into a case.
`----

http://jeffhoogland.blogspot.com/2010/05/10-reasons-t91mt-is-better-than-ipad.html

Android Prototype Tablet Makes Flashy Debut

,----[ Quote ]
| Android smartphones are giving Apple's
| iPhone a run for its money and may soon
| overtake it. If Android tablets follow
| suit, will Flash get its mojo back?

Want an iPad? Get the Joojoo instead!

,----[ Quote ]
| Then there is multi-tasking. Yes. You can do
| more than one thing at a time on the JooJoo.
| Browse and listen to music simultaneously.
| It's up to you. It also supports high-def
| videos out of the box. Watch your favorite
| videos on the device in crystal clear high
| definition using the JooJoo player.
`----

http://www.ghabuntu.com/2010/05/want-ipad-get-joojoo-instead.html

Joojoo 3G tablet will appear within 3 months

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1603637/joojoo-3g-tablet-appear-months