[News] Open Source SpringSource Grows Bigger With Acquisition

  • Subject: [News] Open Source SpringSource Grows Bigger With Acquisition
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 May 2010 18:02:42 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

SpringSource to Acquire GemStone Systems Data Management Technology

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/permalink/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20100506006740&newsLang=en

SpringSource To Acquire GemStone Data Management

,----[ Quote ]
| Another week, another important announcement.
| The SpringSource division of VMware today
| announced that we have entered into a
| definitive agreement to acquire GemStone
| Systems, a leader in data grid technology.
`----

http://blog.springsource.com/2010/05/06/springsource-gemstone/

Recent:

VMware SpringSources for open source Rabbit

,----[ Quote ]
| Rabbit Technolgies CEO Alexis Richardson
| tells us that the company's open source
| messaging system, dubbed RabbitMQ, is used
| by NASA's Nebula project, a private
| infrastructure cloud that will apparently be
| used to power applications across the US
| federal government.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/04/13/springsource_buys_open_source_rabbit/

Talend Launches Industryâs First Unified Data Management Platform

,----[ Quote ]
| Talend, the recognized market leader in open
| source data management software, today
| announced the release of Talend 4.0, a
| significant milestone for the company and
| the data integration market.
`----

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/permalink/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20100413005596&newsLang=en

SpringSource Acquires RabbitMQ Cloud Messaging Technology

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/permalink/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20100413005673&newsLang=en