[News] A Look at Applications for GNU/Linux: Ailurus, Indicator Applet, anyPaper...

  • Subject: [News] A Look at Applications for GNU/Linux: Ailurus, Indicator Applet, anyPaper...
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 00:24:32 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Manage Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid) and Study Linux with Ailurus

,----[ Quote ]
| Ailurus is an open-source software that
| makes Ubuntu easier to use.
| With ailurus,you can manage system settings
| include nautilus,desktop,windows
| effect,network,sound,etc;you can
| install/remove applications which do not
| provide Debian packages at all;you can
| check you hardware information include
| motherboard,CPU,BIOS,Total memory;you can
| check the system version,desktop
| environment,host name,kernel version and so
| on;you can select the fastest
| repository,clean up system cache,study
| Linux skills â
`----

http://ubuntuguide.net/manage-ubuntu-10-04-lucid-and-study-linux-with-ailurus

Indicator Applet: Why I like it

,----[ Quote ]
| I know I tend to moan about a lot of things
| in my blog, sometimes I celebrate good
| work, well executed. Rarely do I get the
| opportunity to agree with the Ayatana/DX
| Ubuntu design direction. I may not agree
| with the groupâs past choice of language
| communicating things to the community, but
| this is something I think itâs got mostly
| right.
|
| OK so what donât I like about the old
| notification area? Well itâs an arbitrary
| parent-widget, this means that itâs a
| container for other widgets which are not
| internally defined but are defined outside.
| This results is very inconsistent behaviour
| and a real problem when your trying to keep
| tabs on design as a distro.
`----

http://doctormo.org/2010/05/07/ubuntu-notifications-why-i-like-em/

Custom wallpaper placement with anyPaper

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.ghacks.net/2010/05/10/custom-wallpaper-placement-with-anypaper/