[News] [Rival] Microsoft Fan Site: "Microsoft's IE Suffers the Death of a Thousand Cuts"

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Fan Site: "Microsoft's IE Suffers the Death of a Thousand Cuts"
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 07:50:30 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

10 Reasons Why Microsoft's Internet Explorer Dominance is Ending

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Enterprise-Applications/10-Reasons-Why-Microsofts-Internet-Explorer-Dominance-is-Ending-541588/

Microsoft's IE Suffers the Death of a Thousand Cuts

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2010/05/05/microsofts-ie-suffers-the-death-of-a-thousand-cuts.aspx

Users explore alternatives to Internet Explorer

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2010/0430/1224269364430.html

Recent:

Korea's Internet Is Mired in a Microsoft Monoculture

,----[ Quote ]
| The average computer user may not care whether
| it is ActiveX or something else that allows
| convenient and secure access. But that is
| misguided. In the event of worldwide Internet
| chaos, as was the case in January 2003 or
| during the DDoS attacks in July, Korea gets hit
| the hardest. Its online environment has become
| one where users habitually hit "yes" for every
| dialog box that pops up and install programs
| without a second thought.
|
| Koreans are the easiest prey in the world for
| hackers intent on spreading computer viruses
| and using zombies.
|
| Whenever Microsoft releases a new operating
| system, such as Windows Vista, or a new version
| of Explorer, only in Korea is there a fuss
| about previous versions not working. The
| country's closed and outdated computing
| environment is overly dependent on ActiveX.
`----

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2009/10/27/2009102700899.html

the Security of Internet Banking in South Korea in 2010

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://blog.mozilla.com/gen/2010/04/28/the-security-of-internet-banking-in-south-korea/