[News] [Rival] Microsoft a Threat to Net Neutrality

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft a Threat to Net Neutrality
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 07:52:43 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Microsoft backs down on net neutrality

,----[ Quote ]
| SOFTWARE MONOPOLIST Microsoft seems to be
| backing away from its long running support
| for network neutrality.
|
| Speaking to an FCC hearing on the issue, the
| software giant admitted it has a vested
| interest in ensuring that its numerous web
| applications and services are delivered to
| consumers without interference from an ISP.
|
| However it warned against "the adoption of
| unnecessary or insufficiently tailored
| regulations, such as a prohibition on all
| types of discrimination."
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1603760/microsoft-backs-net-neutrality

Microsoft's Position on Net Neutrality 'Evolves'

http://www.itbusinessedge.com/cm/blogs/bentley/microsofts-position-on-net-neutrality-evolv

Microsoft warns against net neutrality going too far

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/posttech/2010/04/microsoft_warns_against_too_ne.html

Recent:

FCC Democrats determined to reclassify broadband

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://thehill.com/blogs/hillicon-valley/technology/90853-fcc-democrats-determined-to-reclassify-broadband