[News] Great Applications for GNU/Linux Reviewed: Brasero, Graphics Editors, Audio...

  • Subject: [News] Great Applications for GNU/Linux Reviewed: Brasero, Graphics Editors, Audio...
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 23:54:17 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Brasero Burns Data, Not Time - or Piles of Discs

,----[ Quote ]
| I often think of Brasero as a frustration-
| free computing tool. Burning files to a CD
| or DVD can be filled with angst and error.
| Writing failures ruin blank discs, quickly
| reducing the number of blanks left in the
| box.
|
| Brasero is my idiot-proof solution to
| creating CDs and DVDs in minimum time with
| maximum efficiency. It is one of the best
| burning tools I've used.
`----

http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/69971.html

8 Great Paint Programs for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| The next step is to open up the Ubuntu
| Software Center, or package manager of your
| favorite Linux, and search for a suitable
| program. Alternatively, you could do a
| quick Google search for Linux paint
| programs. Keep in mind that some
| applications (including GNOME-Paint) have
| been compiled for 32-bit Linux (i386) and
| won't necessarily work if you're running a
| 64-bit (amd64) installation. In this two-
| part series, we're going to take a look at
| the options, starting with simple programs
| for doing basic tasks and then the more
| complex tools on par with Gimp.
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reviews/7059/1/

News In The Linux Audio World

,----[ Quote ]
| There's always something noteworthy
| happening in Linux audio development. This
| week's news includes reports about a new
| Linux audio blog, music made by particle
| acceleration, how to use a laptop as a
| virtual music stand, synth emulation from
| the terminal command prompt, and watching
| the Linux Audio Conference on-line.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/notables-april-2010-news-linux-audio-world

Keep Your System Clean with BleachBit

,----[ Quote ]
| Keeping your system clean can be a time-
| consuming affair, unless you use
| specialized tools like BleachBit (thanks to
| Nick Lord for the pointer). With just a few
| mouse clicks, this nifty little utility can
| help you to purge all the junk produced by
| the system and installed applications.
| Packaged versions of BleachBit are
| available for many popular distributions,
| so you can easily install the utility using
| your distro's package manager. Once
| installed, you can run BleachBit either as
| a regular user or as root.
`----

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/Blogs/Productivity-Sauce-Dmitri-s-open-source-blend-of-productive-computing/Keep-Your-System-Clean-with-BleachBit

Latest Experimental Dropbox Adds AppIndicator Support And Customizable Notification Area Icons [Ubuntu]

http://www.webupd8.org/2010/05/latest-experimental-dropbox-adds.html

Twidge Twitter Client is for Those Who Terminal-ly Hate GUI

http://www.techdrivein.com/2010/05/twidge-twitter-client-is-for-those-who.html