[News] Fedora Gets Another Release Name, 3D Graphics, Drops PPC

  • Subject: [News] Fedora Gets Another Release Name, 3D Graphics, Drops PPC
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 00:28:41 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

The name game, no. 14.

,----[ Quote ]
| The Fedora 14 name has been announced, and
| it's Laughlin.
`----

http://marilyn.frields.org:8080/~paul/wordpress/?p=3173

Fedora 14 Release Schedule and Codename

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 13 is in a beta stage at the moment,
| but the developers have already announced
| the release dates and the codename for the
| next version of the Fedora operating
| system. The codename for Fedora 14 is
| "Laughlin" and it will be released sometime
| in October-November 2010. Other possible
| codenames were: Laramie, Ventnor, Mitikas,
| Hoppin and Fytnargin. "Thank you to the
| community for helping us select the name of
| the follow-up to Fedora 13, 'Goddard.' The
| Fedora 14 release name is: Laughlin" - the
| Fedora developers said.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Fedora-14-Release-Schedule-and-Codename-141754.shtml

Making 3D Free for Innovation: Fedora 13 Graphics Drivers

,----[ Quote ]
| This is the third post in our blog series
| highlighting cool features slated for
| Fedora 13. Our first spotlight looked at
| the enhancements in NetworkManager, and the
| second covered the innovations planned for
| Python developers. With this blog, weâre
| focusing on a feature that affects
| everyone, from the newest users exploring
| the rich environment of open source, to the
| most diehard developers of the Linux
| kernel: video drivers.
`----

http://press.redhat.com/2010/05/10/making-3d-free-for-innovation-fedora-13-graphics-drivers/

Fedora Dropping Official PowerPC Support

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/fedora-dropping-official-powerpc-support