[News] New Reviews of Ubuntu and Unity

Testing Out Ubuntu's Unity Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| For those wanting to test out the Ubuntu
| Unity desktop right now as we have done,
| you can add the ppa:canonical-dx-team/une
| Launchpad PPA to your Ubuntu system and
| then install the unity package.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ubuntu_unity_launch&num=1

Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Lucid Lynx review

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/index.cfm?reviewid=3223331

Perfect Purple

http://linuxandall.wordpress.com/2010/05/06/perfect-purpl/

I lightened up my Ubuntu Lucid desktop appearance

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu was famous for being brown, even
| though it was probably half-orange for
| most of its storied existence. Mark
| Shuttleworth and Co. mostly blew that
| notion out of the water in Lucid Lynx
| (10.04 LTS), which is purplish and dark.
`----

http://insidesocal.com/click/2010/05/i-lightened-up-my-ubuntu-lucid.html

Nautilus-Elementary With Zeitgeist Brings Semantic file browsing to Ubuntu [Screencast]

,----[ Quote ]
| For those that don't know much about
| Zeitgeist it, in essence, and to
| paraphrase the Zeitgeist framework
| launchpad blurb, 'logs users activity,
| events and files and establishes
| relationships between these items based on
| usage.' It then allows for other
| applications to use this data in
| meaningful ways - Such as with the GNOME
| Activity Journal.
`----

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/05/nautilus-elementary-with-zeitgeist.html

The Performance Of Ubuntu KVM Virtualization

,----[ Quote ]
| The Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) has
| been in the mainline Linux kernel since
| Linux 2.6.20 in early 2007 and over time
| it has become one of the most widely used
| virtualization platforms on Linux. Ubuntu
| uses KVM, Fedora uses KVM, and Red Hat
| Enterprise Linux has even switched from
| Xen to preferring KVM, among others. While
| occasionally we deliver new KVM
| virtualization benchmarks, we decided to
| investigate how the performance of KVM
| virtualization has changed -- if at all --
| over the past two years for better or
| worse.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ubuntu_kvm_history&num=1

There is another "Unity" (see below).

Recent:

The Unity Linux Build Server

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the new additions to the Unity Linux
| packaging process is the introduction of the
| Build Server (or buildserv for short) The
| main purpose of the buildserv is to provide
| users with the ability to package content
| following our established procedures without
| being burdened by the overhead of doing so.
| The buildserv really consists of two parts: a
| backend server and a frontend web interface.
`----

http://unitylinuxdev.wordpress.com/2010/04/12/the-unity-linux-build-server/

LiveCD, Now Developed by Team Unity Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://unity-linux.org/livecd-now-developed-by-team-unity-linux/