[News] New Wins for Open Access/Content

Itâs All About Community: Three Collections of Content are Renamed at The Internet Archive

http://www.resourceshelf.com/2010/05/13/some-name-changes-at-the-internet-archive/

Consultation on standard for opening up information on aid funding flows

,----[ Quote ]
| Several people involved in the initiative are
| also on our Working Group on Open Knowledge
| in Development!
`----

http://blog.okfn.org/2010/05/14/consultation-on-standard-for-opening-up-information-on-aid-funding-flows/

Cory Doctorow, geek culture icon (Q&A)

,----[ Quote ]
| From his home in England, the Canadian-born
| Doctorow, a Hugo Award nominee, is one of the
| most prolific writers going, constantly
| turning out blog posts, magazine articles,
| novels, and everything in between. And he
| travels more in a year than most people will
| in a lifetime.
|
| His Boing Boing posts can cover issues from
| the fact that there are now at least 13 open-
| source hardware companies making $1 million
| or more annually, to anything related to Net
| neutrality, to the current battle over the
| U.S. Federal Communications Committee's
| decision to give Hollywood permission to
| activate the so-called "Selective Output
| Control" technologies in consumers' set-top
| boxes.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13772_3-20004866-52.html

European Commission Releases New Version of Open e-PRIOR To Push eProcurement Across EU

,----[ Quote ]
| The Directorate-General for Informatics (DIGIT)
| has recently announced that a new version of
| Open e-PRIOR, the open-source version of the e-
| PRIOR (electronic PRocurement, Invoicing and
| Ordering) platform has been published on the
| Open Source Observatory and Repository for
| European public administrations (OSOR.eu).
`----

http://www.egovmonitor.com/node/36404

Recent:

When the British Library âimproved electronic access with DRMâ

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://wwmm.ch.cam.ac.uk/blogs/murrayrust/?p=2365