[News] Crowdsourcing: Participation as in Free Software Aids Additional Developmental Areas

  • Subject: [News] Crowdsourcing: Participation as in Free Software Aids Additional Developmental Areas
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 23:26:56 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Jelli Gets $7 Million For Crowdsourced Radio

,----[ Quote ]
| The funding comes from Battery Ventures and
| First Round Capital. More details in the
| release.
`----

http://paidcontent.org/article/419-crowdsourced-radio-startup-jelli-gets-7-million/

Crowdsourced Film Lets Fans Share in Profits

http://thepiratesdilemma.com/changing-the-game-theory/crowdsourced-film-lets-fans-share-in-profits

Sintel Open Movie Trailer Looks Promising

,----[ Quote ]
| The guys behind such amazing works like
| Elephants Dream, Big Buck Bunny and Yo Frankie!
| is yet again in the news. Blender foundation
| recently released the trailer of their next
| open movie, Sintel. And it looks super hot.
| Watch and enjoy.
`----

http://www.techdrivein.com/2010/05/sintel-open-movie-trailer-looks.html

Blender and Stephen Hawking

,----[ Quote ]
| Although the final CGI for the new Discovery
| Series: Into The Universe with Stephen Hawking,
| was created with Maya, Blender was used for
| pre-vis and concept tests. Nathan Williams, one
| of the directors, found Blender a valuable tool
| in creating this ambitious series.
`----

http://www.blendernation.com/blender-and-stephen-hawking/

Recent:

Why the open source way trumps the crowdsourcing way

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://opensource.com/business/10/4/why-open-source-way-trumps-crowdsourcing-way