[News] [Rival] Microsoft Loses Patent Case Again, Office in Trouble

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Loses Patent Case Again, Office in Trouble
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 23:56:41 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

US Patent Office affirms i4i patent - rejects Microsoft challenge

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/us-patent-office-affirms-i4i-patent---rejects-microsoft-challenge-93406239.html

Another win for i4i in Microsoft dispute, as key patent is upheld

http://www.techflash.com/seattle/2010/05/patent_upheld_i4i_scores_another_win_in_microsoft_dispute.html

US patent office gives i4i Word up in Microsoft snub

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft's request to have the patent claim
| it brought against Canadian software maker
| i4i examined has been thrown out by the US
| Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
|
| i4i said it was pleased that all the claims
| of US patent number 5,787,449 that belong to
| the company came out unscathed following a
| re-examination called for by Microsoft.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/05/11/us_patent_office_i4i_microsoft_word_xml/

Patent Office Upholds I4i Patent in Microsoft Dispute

http://www.pcworld.com/article/196048/patent_office_upholds_i4i_patent_in_microsoft_dispute.html?tk=rss_news

I4i: Patent office rules against Microsoft

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-20004651-75.html

USPTO Upholds i4i Patent in Microsoft Spat

http://digitaldaily.allthingsd.com/20100511/uspto-upholds-i4i-patent-in-microsoft-spat/

Microsoft Dealt Major Setback Over $290 Million Infringement Judgment

http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?id=1202458073940&Microsoft_Dealt_Major_Setback_Over__Million_Infringement_Judgment

Microsoft, SABMiller, Viacom: Intellectual Property

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-05-12/microsoft-sabmiller-viacom-intellectual-property-update1-.html

Microsoft Strikes Out With The Patent Office

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/entdev/article.php/3881606/Microsoft-Strikes-Out-With-The-Patent-Office.htm

U.S. Patent Office will confirm patent in $290M lawsuit against Microsoft

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/microsoftpri0/2011836338_us_patent_office_wil_confirm_patent_in_290m_lawsui.html

i4i patent survives Microsoft challenge

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN1110204320100511

Microsoft loses patent case

http://www.montrealgazette.com/business/Microsoft+loses+patent+case/3015753/story.html

Microsoft loses as Toronto firm wins claim over Word patent

http://www.hindustantimes.com/MS-loses-as-Toronto-firm-wins-claim-over-Word-patent/H1-Article1-542507.aspx

Microsoft Considering Legal Options After i4i Patent Validated

http://reddevnews.com/articles/2010/05/12/microsoft-considering-legal-options-after-i4i-patent-validated.aspx