[News] [Rival] Microsoft is the Next SCO, Why Disputes Are OK

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft is the Next SCO, Why Disputes Are OK
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 00:48:23 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Microsoft turning into a toothless tiger?

,----[ Quote ]
| What do you think? Is microsoft heading
| towards the gentle river of retirement? Does
| this tiger still have teeth in it? Or is it
| being squeezed in a vice of an apple with a
| suspected rotten core on one side and a fishy
| breathed penguin on the other? Lets not
| forget that the devil is, as always, lurking
| in the background waiting its turn in the
| limelight.
`----

http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/locutus/microsoft-turning-into-a-toothless-tiger-38728

Grahame Morrison â No feuds on his watch?

,----[ Quote ]
| I read an interesting article by Grahame
| Morrison entitled âFeuds and rivalries are
| damaging open sourceâ (where all the quotes
| are taken from) which I start (and not beat
| around the bush) by saying is complete
| rubbish in the humble opinion of this writer.
|
| After digesting his discourse I came to the
| conclusion that either he doesnât understand
| the concept of different opinions being
| productive or simply wants to join in on some
| imagined âdamagingâ conflict in order to
| attract readers.  The article is not what I
| would expect TechRadar to publish and to be
| honest, its slightly cheapened Techradar
| credibility for me.
|
|     For a community thatâs supposed to rally
|     under the noble banners of freedom,
|     fairness and fraternity, the world of
|     free software is chockfull of
|     disagreement, feuds and simmering
|     rivalries.
`----

http://openbytes.wordpress.com/2010/05/15/grahame-morrison-no-feuds-on-his-watch-fail/

Confrontation helps improve through competition over solutions.