[News] [Rival] FCC and Microsoft Share a Bed Again

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] FCC and Microsoft Share a Bed Again
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 01:02:12 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

FCC has a look at Microsoft's 'White-Fi' campus network

,----[ Quote ]
| U.S. Federal Communications Commission
| officials have visited Microsoft Corp.'s
| Redmond, Wash., campus to examine an
| experimental network relying on unused TV
| airwaves the company hopes will help lead to
| expanded Internet access, according to a public
| filing.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/fcc-visits-microsofts-experimental-network-2010-05-11?reflink=MW_news_stmp

FCC Officials Visit Microsoft To Examine Experimental Network

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20100511-719654.html?mod=WSJ_latestheadlines

Microsoft exec helps run the FCC now.

Related:

The FCC, FOSS, and software radios: a mixed bag

,----[ Quote ]

http://www.linux.com/feature/116769