[News] Skype Leaves Windows Mobile/Phones in the Dust

  • Subject: [News] Skype Leaves Windows Mobile/Phones in the Dust
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 01:06:37 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Skype drops Windows Phone 7 support

,----[ Quote ]
| VOIP AND CHAT OUTFIT Skype is sending out
| confusing signals regarding its support, or
| maybe lack of support, for Windows Phone 7.
|
| Earlier today Dan Neary, Asia Pacific VP and
| general manager of Skype, said that the firm
| decided not to support Microsoft's upcoming
| Windows Phone 7 Series operating system.
| Neary justified Skype's decision by saying
| that the operating system had a "lack of user
| optimisation and partner support."
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1636841/skype-drops-windows-mobile-support

Skype is everywhere - except Windows Phone

http://www.itwire.com/your-it-news/mobility/39079-skype-is-everywhere-except-windows-phone-

Skype to Focus on IPad, IPhone, Android, Not Windows Phone 7

http://www.pcworld.com/article/196360/skype_to_focus_on_ipad_iphone_android_not_windows_phone_7.html?tk=rss_news

Microsoft Did not Make Progress the Way Gates Intended

,----[ Quote ]
| But to me, nothing was extremely impressive
| to the extent that my socks would be blown
| off. At this rate and amidst this level of
| competition, Microsoft needs to step up on
| things and stop wasting time. Because sooner
| or later, someone is going to come up with
| something better so Microsoft needs to
| incorporate its ideas into something solid
| quickly and hit the shelves with a full
| frontal blow.
`----

http://www.toptechreviews.net/tech-news/microsoft-did-not-make-progress-the-way-gates-intended/