[News] More Games Coming to GNU/Linux (Proprietary Too)

  • Subject: [News] More Games Coming to GNU/Linux (Proprietary Too)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 01:44:13 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

The Chzo Mythos Is Coming To GNU/Linux !

http://lgn.linux-hardcore.com/the-chzo-mythos-is-coming-to-gnulinux/

Who Will Show Up to Linux's Steam-Powered Playground?

,----[ Quote ]
| DRM concerns notwithstanding, there seemed to be no doubt in
| many geeks' minds that Steam will bring some much-needed fresh
| blood to the world of Linux gaming. "It's nice to see Linux finally
| getting the respect it deserves as a mainstream platform," said Montreal
| consultant and Slashdot blogger Gerhard Mack.
`----

http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/70007.html?wlc=1274205406

Epic Games Provides No Hope For UT3 On Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| It's very sad times right now for tier-one
| commercial games on Linux, which should
| make it very easy for Valve Software to
| conquer and control with their Steam
| software on the Linux desktop and then the
| game titles running off their very
| advanced Source Engine.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODI1OA

Their loss. GNU/Linux users pay more (see below).

Recent:

It's Official: Valve Releasing Steam, Source Engine For Linux!

,----[ Quote ]
| Valve Corporation has today rolled out
| their Steam Mac OS X client to the general
| public and confirmed something we have
| been reporting for two years: the Steam
| content delivery platform and Source
| Engine are coming to Linux. This news is
| coming days after we discovered proof in
| Steam's Mac OS X Client of Linux support
| and subsequently found more Linux
| references and even the unreleased Steam
| Linux client. The day has finally come and
| Linux gamers around the world have a
| reason to rejoice, as this is the biggest
| news for the Linux gaming community that
| sees very few tier-one titles.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=valve_steam_announcement&num=1

Official? Steam Coming to Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Still, progress is progress and Valve
| bringing the Steam infrastructure to Linux
| along with a few âAAAâ titles is progress
| indeed.
`----

http://www.the-source.com/2010/05/official-steam-coming-to-linux/

Humble Indie Games Bundle

,----[ Quote ]
| I bought in when they announced they would
| be Open Sourcing the games â I havenât
| gotten around to actually playing any of
| them yet!
|
| With programs like this, and Valve
| bringing Steam/TF2/HL2 to Linux, the
| future is looking bright.
`----

http://www.the-source.com/2010/05/humble-indie-games-bundle/

Linux Users Speak...., Devs Open Source Their Games...

,----[ Quote ]
| Now this is simply amazing.
|
| Nils Grotnes emailed me about 20 minutes
| ago with some pretty cool news.
|
| Aquaria by Bit Blot ,Gish Published by
| Chronic Logic, Lugaru HD by Wolfire, and
| Penumbra Overture of course by Frictional
| Games have pledged to go open source.
`----

http://linuxlock.blogspot.com/2010/05/linux-users-speak-devs-open-source.html

16 of the Best Free Linux Game Engines (Part 2 of 2)

http://www.linuxlinks.com/article/20100509084728432/GameEnginesPart2.html