[News] Yet Another GNOME Versus KDE Debate

Is GNOME or KDE Better for New Users?

,----[ Quote ]
| One argument I hear is how much KDE 4.x looks
| like OS X or Windows 7, while GNOME feels
| more like something from the 90's. Out of the
| box, a few years ago, this might have held
| some truth to it.
|
| These days however, GNOME is highly
| customizable and looks very professional out
| of the box. Taking the experience further,
| you can even alter the GNOME theme in three
| easy clicks. Four, if you count the new theme
| you've selected.
|
| I also appreciate the fact that from the same
| three clicks, I can download ready-made
| themes if those provides are simply not
| cutting  it.
`----
[News] Yet Another GNOME Versus KDE Debate

Someone is *Wrong* On The Internet

,----[ Quote ]
| What prompted this thread, you might ask?
| Well, I was reading Michael Read's recent
| KDE4: It hurt, but did it work? article, and
| was tickled by the fervor of the anti/pro
| camps surrounding the great KDE vs. Gnome
| debate.  Did the anti-KDE flamers win over
| any converts to whatever was being claimed as
| a superior desktop environment?  I doubt it.
| Did it make for entertaining reading?  I
| think so.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/someone-wrong-internet

Recent:

KDE vs. GNOME: DVD Tools and Desktop Design

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3880076/KDE-vs-GNOME-DVD-Tools-and-Desktop-Design.htm