[News] Reviews of GNU/Linux Live CDs and How They Can be Distinguished

  • Subject: [News] Reviews of GNU/Linux Live CDs and How They Can be Distinguished
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 07:47:14 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

live cd compare : ubuntu/kubuntu 10.04 and pclinuxos 2010 kde/gnome

,----[ Quote ]
| Number of Linux distributions do not make us
| confused to select the distro. Limitations of
| the Internet connection is also not stopped
| our desire to learn Linux. Still afraid of
| installing linux? do not worry, there's a
| many distribution with live cd base. With the
| live cd you can try to use Linux without
| having to install to the hard disk. There are
| various Linux distributions that use the
| livecd, but this time I am just going to try
| livecd of ubuntu and PCLinuxOS distro.
`----

http://cidtux.blogspot.com/2010/05/live-cd-compare-ubuntukubuntu-1004-and.html

The Secret Identities of Linux Distributions

,----[ Quote ]
| Of the three, Ubuntu is probably the easiest
| to identify: most popular desktop Linux
| distribution. That's a laudable goal, but
| right now that strong sense of identity could
| work against Canonical, which is also trying
| to position Ubuntu as a strong server
| platform and a cloud client. Look for a push
| to build some sort of meta identity for
| Ubuntu soon, I would expect.
`----

http://www.itworld.com/open-source/107970/the-secret-identities-linux-distributions

Recent:

How to Fix Your Relatives' Terrible Computer

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://lifehacker.com/5413223/how-to-fix-your-relatives-terrible-computer?skyline=true&s=x