[News] Linux-based Android Has New Products, Releases, Leap

  • Subject: [News] Linux-based Android Has New Products, Releases, Leap
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 08:24:51 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Rumor: T-Mobile âProject Emeraldâ is Sidekick-Branded Android Product

,----[ Quote ]
| TmoNews and DroidDog are reporting that
| the phone that's going to be part of T-
| Mobile's latest initiative will actually
| be a Sidekick.  This time around, HTC will
| be manufacturing the device as opposed to
| Sharp or Motorola.  Rumored specs peg the
| phone with Android 2.1, a 1 GHz processor
| (assumed to be Snapdragon), a front-facing
| camera, 4.3-inch Super AMOLED display, and
| 16 GB of internal storage.  Sounds like a
| pretty grown up Sidekick to us!  No firm
| dates yet, but we've learned it should be
| 'summer'.
`----

http://www.androidguys.com/2010/05/15/rumor-tmobile-project-emerald-sidekickbranded-android-product/

Can Froyo 2.2 Save Linux-Based Android From Fragmentation?

,----[ Quote ]
| As Google prepares to kick off its annual
| Google I/O developer conference Wednesday,
| the wireless industry -- including many
| open source mobile app developers -- are
| anticipating the Android 2.2 release,
| dubbed Froyo, not only because of its
| faster processing features but also for
| its potential to mitigate the nascent OS's
| fragmentation issue.
|
| Handsets powered by Google's Android are
| becoming increasingly popular, but the
| open source smartphone platform is facing
| a threat that could cause it to self-
| destruct.
`----

http://enterprisemobiletoday.com/features/article.php/3882491/Can-Froyo-22-Save-Linux-Based-Android-From-Fragmentation.h

Android Surges Into Second Place

,----[ Quote ]
| The open source Android smartphhone market
| just hit a milestone of sorts: it
| surpassed the iPhone in popularity, moving
| into the second overall spot behind
| industry leader RIM OS (BlackBerry).
`----

http://adtmag.com/articles/2010/05/13/android-surges-into-second-place.aspx

Recent:

65,000 Android phones shipping every day: Google

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jtZT_1rdNJFpfU_fwWMiugrx8JMw