[News] FOSSBazaar Explains Problem With Patent Trolls, DPL Not the Solution - Yet

  • Subject: [News] FOSSBazaar Explains Problem With Patent Trolls, DPL Not the Solution - Yet
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 09:06:05 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Metaphysical Detectives and Emotional Spies

,----[ Quote ]
| In one recent deal we were left with the
| thorny problem of Indemnity and who pays
| for it. Typically, if you are using
| proprietary code you are buying a pig in a
| poke (buying something in a black sack
| that the vendor says will do  the job).
| The case of indemnity arises if a patent
| troll claims ownership and then sues the
| user for a multi-million dollar sum.
`----

https://fossbazaar.org/content/metaphysical-detectives-and-emotional-spies

Will the Defensive Patent License be able to make patents 'less evil' for Free and Open Source Software?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://fosspatents.blogspot.com/2010/05/will-defensive-patent-license-be-able.html