[News] Comparison Between Ubuntu GNU/Linux and Fedora, Machines With Fedora-based Linpus Sell in India

  • Subject: [News] Comparison Between Ubuntu GNU/Linux and Fedora, Machines With Fedora-based Linpus Sell in India
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 07:30:40 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Ubuntu vs. Fedora: The Latest Versions Square Off

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu regularly claims to be the most
| popular Linux distribution. But, if so,
| Fedora is a competitive second. Both have
| thriving communities and are a major
| source of free and open source software
| innovation.
|
| Regularly, you can read on mailing lists
| of users having grown discontented with
| one and deciding to migrate to the other.
| In many users' minds, each is an
| alternative to the other.
|
| [...]
|
| Both Fedora and Ubuntu are GNOME-centered
| distributions, with KDE, Xfce, and other
| desktops as alternatives. Fedora has
| included fresh art for each new release
| for several years now, so its wallpaper
| compares favorably with Ubuntu's much-
| discussed new color-coded scheme.
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3882881

The five best things coming in Fedora 13 Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| When Fedora 13, Goddard, is released on
| May 25, it's not going to be your usual
| Fedora Linux release. In the past, Fedora
| has been seen as a great Linux
| distribution for Linux experts. Paul W.
| Frields, the Fedora Project leader, told
| me though that this release is more new-
| user-friendly and that is no longer just
| for experienced Linux users. Based on my
| early look at this Red Hat community Linux
| distribution, I agree.
|
| You will be able to see it for yourself
| soon. After several delays, Frields has no
| doubt that this time, the Fedora final
| will be available for download soon.
| Frields explained to me that the delays
| were because Fedora has adopted much more
| "detailed and fleshed-out release
| criteria. In the past, we would release
| releases when it felt right. Now, we have
| criteria that make the process both more
| transparent to the community and provide
| strong release guidelines."
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/16133/the_five_best_things_coming_in_fedora_13_linux

Download Fedora 12 Free

http://www.softsailor.com/downloads/27272-download-fedora-12-free.html

Linpus Linux Powered eMachines Hit Indian Market

,----[ Quote ]
| eMachines is bringing the most aggressive
| mobile computing solution that exists in
| the market today. It enables to make the
| dream of owning a laptop a reality for the
| average Indian consumer. This Notebook
| from eMachines, is one of the most
| economical Core i3 based laptops available
| in the market today. eMachines730, with
| its dual tone refreshing design, is the
| best option in terms of price-performance
| ratio, as it offers the most competitive
| prices in the market for the
| specifications incorporated.
`----

http://www.muktware.com/news/17/2010/107

Recent:

The State of Fedora: We're Not Just for Fanboys

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reports/6922/1/