[News] More Healthcare Software Set Free (Libre)

  • Subject: [News] More Healthcare Software Set Free (Libre)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 08:41:33 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Medsphere's OVID Makes Vista-Derived Solutions Java-Ready

,----[ Quote ]
| Subtitled OVID Unleashes Power of Open-
| source Health IT, the paper details how
| the new OpenVista Interface Domain (OVID)
| leverages the proven power and stability
| of VistA to facilitate an ecosystem
| oriented around advancing health IT
| quickly and affordably.
`----

http://www.ebizq.net/news/12622.html

What I like about the health care technology track at the Open Source convention

,----[ Quote ]
| Ben Mehling will introduce VistA, its open
| source distributions, and how community
| contributors are adapting it to civilian
| use. Joseph Dal Molin will show how it
| improves patient care and the health care
| delivery process. David Uhlman will
| continue the discussion with lessons from
| working with VistA code.
`----

http://radar.oreilly.com/2010/05/what-i-like-about-the-health-c.html

Screensaver: an open source lab information management system (LIMS) for high throughput screening facilities

,----[ Quote ]
| Results: We have developed Screensaver, an
| open source, web-based lab information
| management system (LIMS), to address the
| informatics needs of our small molecule
| and RNAi screening facility.
`----

http://7thspace.com/headlines/344739/screensaver_an_open_source_lab_information_management_system_lims_for_high_throughput_screening_facilities.html

QRISK2 goes open source

,----[ Quote ]
| The heart disease risk assessment tool
| QRisk2 has been made available as open
| source software by Nottingham University
| and healthcare IT suppliers EMIS.
`----

http://www.ehiprimarycare.com/news/5920/qrisk2_goes_open_source

Recent: