[News] KDE SC Appears at Ãkumenischer Kirchentag; GNOME Desktop Gets Better Nautilus Sidebar

  • Subject: [News] KDE SC Appears at Ãkumenischer Kirchentag; GNOME Desktop Gets Better Nautilus Sidebar
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 07:46:58 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

KDE at Ãkumenischer Kirchentag

,----[ Quote ]
| The booth was rarely empty: all kinds of
| people, from small children (fascinated
| by Big Buck Bunny looping in a window) to
| seasoned Linux users (at least one of
| whom we could help by showing her how to
| make KMail behave) came by and stayed for
| a while to watch and talk. The team
| explained how the free-as-in-freedom
| aspect could help build a more just and
| equal world and how the free-as-in-beer
| aspect was useful for a tight church
| budget. In fact, the monetary question
| often didn't even come up as the social
| question was already reason enough for
| most people to be interested.
`----

http://www.kdenews.org/2010/05/20/kde-%C3%B6kumenischer-kirchentag

Revamped Sidebar Lands In Nautilus Elementary (2.30)

,----[ Quote ]
| A new, revamped sidebar has been added to
| the latest Nautilus Elementary 2.30 (only
| available for Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx).
`----

http://www.webupd8.org/2010/05/revamped-sidebar-lands-in-nautilus.html

Recent:

Aaron Seigo on the Future of KDE

,----[ Quote ]
| Another example is the new direction for
| Krita, KOffice's rasterized graphic
| program. For a long time, Seigo says, the
| sub-project wasn't sure "If they were a
| drawing app, or maybe a photo retouching
| app, or what-the-hell were they?"
|
| At a recent developers' sprint, Krita
| enlisted design expert Peter Sikking, who
| has also worked with the GIMP, to help the
| sub-project find direction.
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/12068_3876246_1/Aaron-Seigo-on-the-Future-of-KDE.htm

The Future of KDE