[News] Tests of Ubuntu GNU/Linux 10.04 Filesystems and Boot Times, 10.10 to Improve Software Center

  • Subject: [News] Tests of Ubuntu GNU/Linux 10.04 Filesystems and Boot Times, 10.10 to Improve Software Center
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 07:54:46 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Ubuntu 10.04 filesystems and boot times

,----[ Quote ]
| I havenât really mentioned it much, but
| the few times in the past month that Iâve
| used Ubuntu 10.04 have been rather
| disappointing. I havenât dared install it
| on anything except this machine, and in
| most cases thatâs been only borderline
| acceptable.
|
| [...]
|
| Take away from this what you will; for
| me, it told me that the filesystem wasnât
| the source of my problems, and that I
| didnât need to micromanage the
| installation to find the source of my
| disk woes. I will be sticking with ext2
| in spite of all the fear and loathing
| that early filesystems attract. But Iâll
| probably be sticking with Arch Linux too.
`----

http://kmandla.wordpress.com/2010/05/20/ubuntu-10-04-filesystems-and-boot-times/

Ubuntu Software Center Gets A History Tab (Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat Development)

,----[ Quote ]
| Here we go again: just like we did with
| Ubuntu 10.04, we'll be providing news
| regarding important changes in Ubuntu
| 10.10 Maverick Meerkat as soon as they
| are released.
|
| An update in Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick
| Meerkat today (which didn't even hit the
| first Alpha yet) brings a new "History"
| tab in the Ubuntu Software Center where
| the users are able to see all installed
| and removed packages...
`----

http://www.webupd8.org/2010/05/ubuntu-software-center-gets-history-tab.html

Recent:

In Ubuntu 10.10 Netbook Edition Firefox can be replaced with Google Chrome

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://it-chuiko.com/computers/3781-in-ubuntu-1010-netbook-edition-firefox-can-be.html