[News] Sheldon Cooper Uses GNU/Linux on the Desktop, Many Others Do Too

  • Subject: [News] Sheldon Cooper Uses GNU/Linux on the Desktop, Many Others Do Too
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 23:17:10 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Sheldon Cooper: Ubuntu User

,----[ Quote ]
| Well, if you are a Linux fan and you have
| not noticed, Sheldon Cooper, the self-
| proclaimed genius and truest nerd on The
| Big Bang Theory has been seen using
| Ubuntu.
`----

http://techie-buzz.com/foss/sheldon-cooper-ubuntu-user.html

A capitalist fan of commie software

,----[ Quote ]
| It's a good question, I suppose. A tree-
| hugging leftwinger from a proud union
| family with an inexplicable taste for
| expensive Scotch single malts asked to
| know why, if I'm such a capitalist, I am
| so vocal about liking free and open source
| software.
|
| My desktop operating system has been Linux
| ever since 2003, when I formatted my
| Windows box in a fit of pique that had
| been brewing since sometime before Windows
| 3.1 was released. I tried a few variants,
| but quickly settled on the local
| distribution, Ubuntu, masterfully named
| and competently compiled by a famous rich
| kid from Durbanville in the Western Cape.
`----

http://www.itweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=33289:a-capitalist-fan-of-commie-software&catid=70

Related:

Mariah Carey: The gloves are off

,----[ Quote ]
| The singer drops the sugar-coated simpering
| and shoots from the lip about the music
| industry and her new business model to save
| it â which could make her the worldâs
| richest recording artist
`----

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/article6914835.ece

Mariah Carey Showing How The New Music Business Model Works For Megastars

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20091115/1833556944.shtml