[News] [Rival] Microsoft Tried to Buy Facebook, Now Received Just All the Data

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Tried to Buy Facebook, Now Received Just All the Data
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 07:23:55 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

How Microsoft Failed To Acquire Facebook For Over $15 Billion

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoftâs investment in Facebook at a
| $15 billion valuation was one of the most
| buzzed about internet business deals in
| years given the unprecedented valuation
| assigned to Facebook shares. However most
| people are unaware that the deal took
| place after Mark Zuckerberg turned down an
| acquisition offer by Microsoft for more
| than the $15 billion valuation it invested
| at.
`----

http://www.allfacebook.com/2010/05/how-microsoft-failed-to-acquire-facebook-for-over-15-billion/

Control Facebook Instant Personalization & Other Privacy Settings (New Video)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/larry-magid/new-video-control-faceboo_b_578148.html

Ignore The Screams--Facebook's Aggressive Approach Is Why It Will Soon Become The Most Popular Site In The World

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2010/05/17/businessinsider-facebook-privacy-innovation-2010-5.DTL

How Facebook is sharing our secrets with the whole world

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2010/may/23/networker-privacy-facebook

Recent:

The Relationship Between Facebook and Privacy: Itâs Really Complicated

,----[ Quote ]
| The complaint specifically mentions the
| âinstant personalizationâ feature that
| allows Microsoftâs Doc.com, Yelp, and
| Pandora to personalize their services when
| a user is logged in to Facebook, and also
| refers to the fact that Facebook connects
| profile details such as hometown, movie and
| music preferences, etc. to public
| âcommunity pages.â
`----

http://gigaom.com/2010/05/06/the-relationship-between-facebook-and-privacy-its-really-complicated/