[News] KDE SC's Rekonq, KMail Developer, Camp KDE, Fork

  • Subject: [News] KDE SC's Rekonq, KMail Developer, Camp KDE, Fork
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 23:53:58 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

KDEâs WebKit browser Rekonq gets extension support

,----[ Quote ]
| Sometimes pretty cool things happen and
| yet almost nobody knows about them.
| One of the coolest things I came to learn
| recently is the development of extension
| support in rekonq.
`----

http://kamikazow.wordpress.com/2010/05/23/kdes-webkit-browser-rekonq-gets-extension-support/

Interview with KMail Developer Thomas McGuire

,----[ Quote ]
| Welcome back again to the KDE Interview
| series. Last time we spoke with Thiago
| Macieira, one of the old timers in KDE
| development.
`----

http://www.kdenews.org/2010/05/24/interview-kmail-developer-thomas-mcguire

Call for Locations information

,----[ Quote ]
| If you're interested in Camp KDE 2011
| being in your city, please send email to
| the Camp KDE Organizers. You should
| include information about all of the
| topics below.
`----

http://camp.kde.org/call_for_locations.html

Welcome to Pearson Computing's fork of KDE3.5, codename Trinity!

,----[ Quote ]
| This project aims to keep the KDE3.5
| computing style alive, as well as polish
| off any rough edges that were present as
| of KDE 3.5.10. Along the way, new useful
| features will be added to keep the
| environment up-to-date.
|
| Towards that end, significant new
| enhancements have already been made in
| areas such as display control, network
| connectivity, authentication, and much
| more!
`----

http://trinity.pearsoncomputing.net/

Recent:

4.5 updates so far

,----[ Quote ]
| Iâm not going to make a detailed post, just a
| screen-shot based overview of the new features
| you can expect in KDE 4.5.
`----

http://ivan.fomentgroup.org/blog/2010/04/15/4-5-updates-so-far/

KDE 4.5 Release Schedule Ready

,----[ Quote ]
| Last week we finished the KDE 4.5 release
| schedule. The good news is that you can
| start organising your release party now,
| the expected date for KDE 4.5.0 is August
| 4th 2010.
`----

http://www.omat.nl/2010/04/12/kde-4-5-release-schedule-ready/

Five Improvements for KDE 4.5 (Part 2)

,----[ Quote ]
| In my opinion, the KDE4 desktop is the most
| revolutionary piece of Linux software since
| the Linux kernel itself, and I appreciate how
| it strives to challenge old desktop paradigms
| and introduce new ones.
`----

http://www.itnewstoday.com/?p=1447

Five Improvements for KDE 4.5 (Part 1)