[News] A Look at Puppy Linux and Puppy Arcade 8

  • Subject: [News] A Look at Puppy Linux and Puppy Arcade 8
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 00:21:26 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Puppy Linux 5.0 âLucid Puppyâ Released

,----[ Quote ]
| My initial fears, that the move over to
| Ubuntu packages would have a serious
| negative impact on performance and
| resource usage, seem to have been
| unfounded. As ever, Puppy booted into a
| useful and responsive desktop on a test
| setup with 256MB of RAM. It remains my go
| to distribution for a certain type of
| project.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/puppy-linux-50-%E2%80%9Clucid-puppy%E2%80%9D-released

Puppy Linux turns to Ubuntu for version 5.0

,----[ Quote ]
| Puppy variants include a Quirky 1.0
| release intended as an experimental
| sandbox for new Puppy ideas.
`----

http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS5855706811.html?kc=rss

REVIEW: Puppy Arcade 8 (LiveCD 105mb)

,----[ Quote ]
| Yet another great release for Puppy
| Arcade.  I like the idea of having a poll
| for the browser, which means that not only
| do you get a smaller .iso download, but
| you donât have to waste your time
| downloading a browser which you are going
| to replace anyway.  The size of the
| download is another massive plus and will
| have you enjoying emulation in no time at
| all.  Itâs quite amusing to think that the
| whole distro is downloaded in 105mb which
| is less than many PSX games themselves!
`----

http://openbytes.wordpress.com/2010/05/24/review-puppy-arcade-8-livecd-105mb/

Recent:

Puppy Arcade 6 â The retro pup goes from strength to strength!

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://openbytes.wordpress.com/2010/01/30/puppy-arcade-6-the-retro-pup-goes-from-strength-to-strength/