[News] Mozilla Takes Korea Back from the Convicted Monopolist, Has New Products

  • Subject: [News] Mozilla Takes Korea Back from the Convicted Monopolist, Has New Products
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 14:41:36 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

quick update on Korea

,----[ Quote ]
| Kim Tong-hyung, staff reporter for the
| Korea Times, is the only reporter
| providing English-language coverage of the
| news on the Microsoft monopoly in S.
| Korea.
|
| I wanted to share two recent articles from
| Kim Tong-hyung, one covering the event
| that Mozillaâs Lucas Adamski attended at
| the end of April and another covering the
| âanti-virusâ industry in Korea, which is
| one of the incumbent industries that would
| be significantly negatively affected if
| the Korean government moved away from the
| current PKI-based encryption architecture.
`----

http://blog.mozilla.com/gen/2010/05/25/quick-update-on-korea/

Experiments with audio, part X

,----[ Quote ]
| Iâm working with an ever growing group of
| web, audio, and Mozilla developers on a
| project to expose audio data to JavaScript
| from Firefoxâs audio and video elements.
| Today we show you how much JavaScript can
| really do.
`----

http://vocamus.net/dave/?p=1092

The Firefox plugin checker needs to be checked

http://blogs.computerworld.com/16189/the_firefox_plugin_checker_needs_to_be_checked

An Open Web App Store

http://blog.mozilla.com/blog/2010/05/20/an-open-web-app-store/

Mozilla Weave Being Rebranded as Firefox Sync

http://webworkerdaily.com/2010/05/21/mozilla-weave-being-rebranded-as-firefox-sync/

Recent:

Firefox FUD not lagging

,----[ Quote ]
| Don't get me wrong, I've got my issues
| with Firefox too, It still uses far too
| much memory and is still far too slow on
| startup. However, with the current Firefox
| 4 development plan, which is very
| aggressive, I just don't see how Firefox
| is lagging behind anyone. Releases
| continue to come at a steady pace, new
| technologies continue to be debuted and
| the road ahead for Firefox continues to
| move forward.
`----

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2010/05/firefox-fud-not-lagging.html

Firefox and chrome user growth

,----[ Quote ]
| So, how does that compare to Firefox growth
| over the same period. Here's what it looks
| like when you plot Firefox user growth on
| top of that Chrome chart.
`----

http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/asa/archives/2010/05/firefox_and_chrome_u.html

for every new user of chrome, there are 2.5 new firefox users

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/asa/archives/2010/05/for_every_new_user_o.html