[News] Open Access/Content Makes Important Steps Forward, Freely Available Material Grows in Volume

  • Subject: [News] Open Access/Content Makes Important Steps Forward, Freely Available Material Grows in Volume
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 15:00:44 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

US academic leaders support open-access bill

http://www.campusreview.com.au/pages/section/article.php?s=Topics&ss=International&idArticle=16022

Open Access to Nobel Prize awarded work â a pilot project

,----[ Quote ]
| Lund University Libraries, Head Office
| have previous experience in database
| development and have been involved in
| projects related to copyright issues,
| parallel publishing, open access and is
| the provider of DOAJ (Directory of Open
| Access Journals).
`----

http://www.sciecom.org/ojs/index.php/sciecominfo/article/view/3624

Scanning the Public Domain

http://madisonian.net/2010/05/21/scanning-the-public-domain/

How They Stole the Public Domain

,----[ Quote ]
| Part of the quid pro quo of copyright is
| that works are supposed to enter the
| public domain after a limited period of
| monopoly protection. Trouble is, the
| copyright maximalists and their friends in
| power have managed to keep jacking up that
| period, meaning that more and more of our
| cultural heritage is locked away for
| decades, released only long after the
| death of the author.
`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2010/05/how-they-stole-public-domain.html

Announcing the PLoS Hub for Biodiversity - call for articles

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.plos.org/cms/node/526