[News] GNU/Linux Versus Windows: Myths Debunked

  • Subject: [News] GNU/Linux Versus Windows: Myths Debunked
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 20:02:12 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Washing the windows myths. Ease of use.

,----[ Quote ]
| With the latest releases of both windows and
| Linux there is really not much to separate them
| in terms of ease of use and eye kandy. They
| both look really pretty at first glance and
| even have similar features. I would go so far
| as to say that both Linux and windows have
| "borrowed" ideas from each other. Personally I
| am quite happy with that as it makes it easier
| for people to migrate from windows to Linux ;P
`----

http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/locutus/washing-the-windows-myths-ease-of-use-38964

World's Funniest Windows Error Messages

,----[ Quote ]
| Since some people have learned to look at the
| bright or should I say funny side of life, they
| have decided to create something out of those
| error messages. They have Photoshopped or
| edited some Windows error messages and made
| them look so realistic to try to tickle our
| funny bone.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2010/05/worlds-funniest-windows-error-messages.html

Recent:

Printing via Bluetooth - Linux vs. Windows

,----[ Quote ]
| So, there's another example. If kicking a
| dead whale down the beach is your thing, then
| just keep on using Windows, and fighting it
| at every turn. But if real, continuing,
| useful development is more what you are
| interested in, and if you want every new
| release to be really better than the previous
| one, not just arbitrarily different from the
| previous one, then you really need to be
| using Linux.
`----

http://www.zdnet.co.uk/blogs/jamies-random-musings-10006480/printing-via-bluetooth-linux-vs-windows-10015706/

Frustrations of supporting Windows