[News] Ubuntu Variant Qimo 2.0 is Released, Mint Linux 9 is Reviewed

  • Subject: [News] Ubuntu Variant Qimo 2.0 is Released, Mint Linux 9 is Reviewed
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 20:51:54 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Qimo 2.0 is now available!

,----[ Quote ]
| After much hard work, and some delay, we are
| pleased to bring your the second version of our
| popular Linux Desktop for Kids!
`----

http://qimo4kids.com/post/Qimo-20-is-now-available!.aspx

Linux Mint 9: A Fresh Spin on Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| In addition to the use of SLAB, Mint has its
| own Software Manager as well as its own
| Software Updater that look different and are
| more streamlined than Ubuntuâs. Mint also
| includes its own software/file backup tool.
`----

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/perlow/linux-mint-9-a-fresh-spin-on-ubuntu/13112

Recent:

Linux and kids: What are the best ways to teach children about open source?

,----[ Quote ]
| One thing I found was the Qimo desktop
| operating system, based on Ubuntu, and
| designed just for kids. You can download it
| here.
`----

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/opensource/?p=1326

Qimo 4 kids â NGO Interview 5

,----[ Quote ]
| After a short hiatus Iâm back with the NGO
| interviews.  This time I spoke with Michael
| and Michelle Hall of Qimo 4 kids.
|
| [...]
|
| LC: So what is your experience of this good | or bad , have you picked up any nice tips?
|
|     MH: Explaining to the people weâre
|     donating computers too that they donât
|     have Windows on them. How to create a
|     custom distro!
|
| LC: What would you suggest to our readers
| that are interested in an initiative like
| yours?
|
|     MH: Just do it.  There is no barrier to
|     entry, you probably have or know
|     somebody who has an old computer that