[News] A Look at New Applications for GNU/Linux and New Lists Too

  • Subject: [News] A Look at New Applications for GNU/Linux and New Lists Too
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 22:15:26 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Desktop Facebook Notifier for Ubuntu

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/05/facebook-apps-for-ubuntu.html

Lightspark 0.4.0 released

,----[ Quote ]
| Just a quick update. Iâve released verÂsion
| 0.4.0 of Lightspark, a free flash player
| impleÂmenÂtaÂtion. This release was focused on
| improvÂing staÂbilÂity, so all the crashes
| found by many testers should be fixed now.
| Thanks a lot for testÂing, sevÂeral issues
| were related to parÂticÂuÂlar graphÂics hardÂ
| ware and I would have never found them
| withÂout your colÂlabÂoÂraÂtion. Please keep
| testÂing and reportÂing any issue.
`----

http://allievi.sssup.it/techblog/?p=345

9 of the Best Free Linux Terminal Emulators

,----[ Quote ]
| Now, let's explore the 9 terminal emulators
| at hand. For each title we have compiled
| its own portal page, a full description
| with an in-depth analysis of its features,
| a screenshot of the software in action,
| together with links to relevant resources
| and reviews.
`----

http://www.linuxlinks.com/article/20100529194444887/TerminalEmulators.html

wisotool 20100530 has been released

,----[ Quote ]
| Wisotool currently supports 60 games and/or
| benchmarks (see list below). Please
| consider contributing support for your
| favorite game, its not (too) hard. Im
| especially interested in recent or beta
| games; ideally wisotool would support
| (worthwhile) games on the day they are
| released.
`----

http://www.wine-reviews.net/wine-reviews/winetricks/wisotool-20100530-has-been-released.html

iotop for better disk monitoring

,----[ Quote ]
| A learned a long time ago about the vmstat
| 1 command, which will allow you to watch
| some of the action thatâs happening in your
| system. Itâs a useful command, and I find
| myself relying on it most often when I want
| to get an idea of drive input and output.
`----

http://kmandla.wordpress.com/2010/05/29/iotop-for-better-disk-monitoring/

8 of the best photo managers for Linux

,----[ Quote ]