[News] Canonical's Ubuntu GNU/Linux: Good Reviews and New Features, Products

  • Subject: [News] Canonical's Ubuntu GNU/Linux: Good Reviews and New Features, Products
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 22:49:40 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

ubuntu jewelry

http://www.handlewithlinux.com/ubuntu-jewelry

A look at Ubuntu--and at how Linux can appear to beginners

,----[ Quote ]
| One other data point to that effect: After
| installing Linux on the Dell and Sony
| laptops noted in the column (in addition to
| testing an in-place upgrade from the copy
| of Ubuntu 9.10 I'd installed on another
| Dell last year), I took that first Dell on
| last week's reporting trip to San
| Francisco--then didn't boot into Windows
| until Thursday morning. Everything you read
| here from Monday through Wednesday of that
| week was done in Linux. I finally switched
| back to Windows to write my column, since
| that required running remote editing
| software that doesn't work (or I don't
| know how to work--anybody have advice on
| Citrix in Ubuntu?) in Linux.
`----

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/fasterforward/2010/05/ubuntu_linux_1004_review.html

Ubuntu Fun

,----[ Quote ]
| So I also installed the Ubuntu Netbook
| Remix on the Toshiba Netbook we have. Used
| Wubi as before. It was very slow (10+
| minutes) on bootup however. Luckily the
| internet is full of information and a few
| minutes of googling produced this forum
| thread that had me change a setting in the
| BIOS. Now it boots quickly. There's another
| page on How-To Geek about doing this install.
`----

http://mechanicalphilosopher.blogspot.com/2010/05/ubuntu-fun.html

A Sleek & Easy Way To Administer Ubuntu â Ubuntu Control Center

,----[ Quote ]
| As you know, Ubuntu and Linux are hugely
| configurable. Find some spare time and you
| can customize anything starting from the
| boot up messages to the gradients used on
| the buttons and the scroll bars. While one
| might not attempt such extreme feats very
| often, administration and configuration are
| standard tasks that you might perform every
| now and then.
`----

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/sleek-easy-administer-ubuntu-ubuntu-control-center/

Recent:

Five Usability Improvements in Ubuntu 10.04

,----[ Quote ]
| While no operating system is perfectly
| intuitive, Ubuntu gives its competitors a
| good run when it comes to usability.
| Other Linux distributions, and proprietary
| operating systems, certainly do some
| things better than Ubuntu.  But all in
| all, Iâm impressed with the attention to
| user-friendliness evident in Lucid.
`----

http://www.workswithu.com/2010/05/25/five-usability-improvements-in-ubuntu-10-04/

Ubuntu 10.04 LTS: Lucid Lynx Benchmarked And Reviewed

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ubuntu-10.04-lucid-lynx,2634.html