[News] Reviews of Ubuntu-based GNU/Linux Distros Lubuntu 10.04 and Peppermint

  • Subject: [News] Reviews of Ubuntu-based GNU/Linux Distros Lubuntu 10.04 and Peppermint
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 22:55:58 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Lubuntu 10.04 - Distro Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Lubuntu has come a long way from it's first
| release with 9.10 just last year. This
| 10.04 release is a fantastic addition to
| the world of light weight Linux distros and
| just like the others in the *buntu family I
| have no doubt it will adopted by many for
| use on slower/older computers.
`----

http://jeffhoogland.blogspot.com/2010/05/lubuntu-1004-distro-review.html

REVIEW: Peppermint â Cloud/Lightweight distro & considering the cloud?

,----[ Quote ]
| A strongly recommended distro which not
| only gives a solid desktop experience that
| is capable of handling any task you throw
| at it, but also introduces you to cloud
| computing in a very non-committal way.
|
| Just like many of the distroâs I feature
| here, I encourage you to support this
| project, the hard work and professionalism
| this distro displays for me means its one I
| will be following with great interest in
| the future and as far as Ubuntu derived
| distroâs go, this is up there with the best
| of them.
|
| I have been contacted by the devs behind
| Peppermint and have the pleasure of saying
| that a Q&A session will follow in a future
| article.
`----

http://openbytes.wordpress.com/2010/05/30/review-peppermint-cloudlightweight-distro-considering-the-cloud/

picture:

http://twitpic.com/1sj8g2

Recent:

Lubuntu 10.04

,----[ Quote ]
| Lubuntu is a faster, more lightweight and
| energy saving variant of Ubuntu using
| LXDE, the Lightweight X11 Desktop
| Environment. The Lubuntu team aims to earn
| official endorsement from Canonical.
| Please join us.
|
| [...]
|
| I was pleasantly surprised and quite liked
| the Netbook mode, which give us a
| different from the traditional desktop as
| an alternative. I also like the way to
| manage start-up login, where it allows us
| to start with the default LXDE desktop or
| with Lubuntu Netbook mode.
`----

http://www.software-latest.com/2010/05/21/lubuntu-10-04.html

Lubuntu Netbook Remix: A Look