[News] Another Glimpse at GNOME Shell in GNOME Desktop 3

  • Subject: [News] Another Glimpse at GNOME Shell in GNOME Desktop 3
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 20:14:41 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Revisiting gnome shell

,----[ Quote ]
| GNOME Shell is the defining technology of the
| GNOME 3 desktop user experience. It provides
| core interface functions like switching to
| windows and launching applications. GNOME Shell
| takes advantage of the capabilities of modern
| graphics hardware and introduces innovative
| user interface concepts to provide a delightful
| and easy to use experience. The GNOME Shell is
| currently in active development and while many
| planned features are not yet implemented it is
| stable enough for everyday use.
`----

http://ardchoille42.blogspot.com/2010/06/revisiting-gnome-shell.html

Recent:

More cool gnome-shell tips and tricks

,----[ Quote ]
| If you have been reading Ghacks within the
| last month, you know that I have become a big
| fan of what will eventually become GNOME 3.
| That replacement is currently under the title
| GNOME Shell and it is already quite a stunning
| piece of work. I have covered GNOME Shell in a
| few pieces here (Check out all the GNOME Shell
| content on Ghacks) and, after further usage, I
| thought it was a good time for a few more tips
| and tricks.
`----

http://www.ghacks.net/2010/04/24/more-cool-gnome-shell-tips-and-tricks/

I have seen the future, and it is GNOME 3

,----[ Quote ]
| GNOME 3 is different. Very different. Gone
| is the start button, to be replaced by the
| Activities button. No more are you
| fumbling around in menus to find what you
| need. What you will have is a very
| streamlined, sleek, and sexy desktop that
| is sure to make your computing life
| easier. Oh of course there will be those
| that say âIf it isnât brokeââ Well, I am
| one of those who will first claim that it
| is, in fact, âbrokeâ. The current desktop
| that most everyone uses is klunky, kludgy,
| and ugly. Itâs a task bar, and menus, and
| icons, and blah blah blahâthereâs no
| âApple factorâ. What do I mean by âApple
| factorâ? Simple - there is very little
| energy given to aesthetics. And believe me
| in the current incarnation of the modern,
| capitalist society - it is all about form
| over function. You have to look good
| before you can be good.
`----

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/opensource/?p=1405

GNOME Shell 2.31.2 Released [Screenshots]

http://www.webupd8.org/2010/05/gnome-shell-2312-released-screenshots.html