[News] More Devices Running Linux: T-Box, Blackmagic, Kno

  • Subject: [News] More Devices Running Linux: T-Box, Blackmagic, Kno
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 21:16:40 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Linux to dominate Australia through T-Box and Android

,----[ Quote ]
| In only a couple of years, millions of
| Australians will directly be using the open
| source Linux operating system in their
| everyday personal and professional lives.
|
| [...]
|
| âBut wait!â I hear you cry out. âLinuxâs
| desktop market share is not growing, and even
| the popular Ubuntu Linux distribution is
| failing to gain traction amongst the
| mainstream. How can you possibly claim that
| Linux will become extremely popular in
| Australia?â
|
| The answer is easy. By and large, the
| millions of Australians who will shortly rely
| on Linux will not even know it is there.
|
| I have written previously about the rapid
| encroachment of the Linux-based Android
| operating system into the Australian mobile
| phone market, a phenomenon which, I
| anticipate, will eventually see dozens of
| Android handsets flood into Australian hands
| and pose a strong challenge to other mobile
| phone vendors such as Apple, Research in
| Motion and others.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/business-it-news/open-source/39496-linux-to-dominate-australia-through-t-box-and-android

Blackmagic Showcase DaVinci Resolve

,----[ Quote ]
| At each event, attendees will be given
| demonstrations of the Resolve on Linux...
`----

http://www.4rfv.co.uk/industrynews.asp?id=112136

Hands-on with the Kno tablet

,----[ Quote ]
| The Kno, with its dual 14-inch screens and
| touch-based Linux operating system, is aimed
| at students and is slated to hit the market
| at the end of the year. Kno isn't talking
| price just yet, but the company's goal is for
| it to be well under $1,000.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-20006617-56.html

Recent:

Why Googleâs Android Could Rule Connected Cars

,----[ Quote ]
| The recent linking of General Motors and
| Google for a handful of services related
| to the plug-in Chevy Volt marks an
| intersection for automakers and Internet
| giants. The two industries â one little
| changed for centuries decades and marked
| by steel and manufacturing, the other
| constantly morphing over the past decade
| and ruled by chips and algorithms â will
| come together more and more as âconnectedâ
| cars begin to offer a new platform for
| development, innovation and revenue.
`----

http://earth2tech.com/2010/05/23/why-googles-android-could-rule-connected-cars/

Google sets sights on the dashboard

,----[ Quote ]
| Google is reportedly in talks with General
| Motors about putting Android into cars,
| allowing remote unlocking and startup while
| rendering GM's OnStar product redundant.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/05/13/gm_google/

Ford Has Microsoft, but Now GM Has ... Google?

http://www.thebigmoney.com/blogs/shifting-gears/2010/05/12/ford-has-microsoft-now-gm-hasgoogle

General Motors proposes to Google, aims to make Ford & Microsoft pair envious

http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives/2010/05/general_motors_proposes_to_google_aims_to_make_ford_microsoft_pair_envious.html

GM, Google To Take on Ford's Sync?

Report: GM talking to Google to create Ford Microsoft SYNC rival

,----[ Quote ]
| GM is amidst negotiations with Google that
| could bear the fruit of an Android OS for
| GMâs vehicles alla Microsoft Sync and Ford.
| The new OS would allow users to pair their
| vehicles with virtually any cell phone, as
| well as offer some remote access options such
| as; remote open and start.
`----

http://www.egmcartech.com/2010/05/12/report-gm-talking-to-google-to-create-ford-microsoft-sync-rival/

The GM Android car: coming soon?

,----[ Quote ]
| Google is reportedly in talks to connect its
| Android operating system with General Motors'
| OnStar car service. If the early clues prove
| to be true, the Android-OnStar combination
| could pack a whole lot of power into the palm
| of your hand.
`----

http://www.techworld.com.au/article/346404/gm_android_car_coming_soon?fp=2&fpid=1&rid=1

Will Google power the Chevy Volt?

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2010/05/12/will-google-power-the-chevy-volt-challenge-ford-microsoft/

Google may be GM's mystery technology partner

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/05/12/google-may-be-gms-mystery-technology-partner/

Google: Docs is key to long-term workplace changes

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9176497/Google_Docs_is_key_to_long_term_workplace_changes

Google to Offer Encrypted Search Next Week

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/05/google-encrypted-search/

Google's dangerous bravado could help Microsoft

http://www.infoworld.com/d/cloud-computing/googles-dangerous-bravado-could-help-microsoft-518

Google Business Apps Sting Apple, Microsoft

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10751563/1/google-business-apps-sting-apple-microsoft.html?cm_ven=GOOGLEN